On Tuesday, 7 July, the Australian Federal Government made an announcement that impacts services located in areas subject to Stage 3 COVID-19 restrictions, including metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire.
What Does This Mean For You?
If you're a service operating in metropolitan Melbourne or Mitchell Shire, you will be permitted to waive parent gap fees, if children are not attending child care for COVID-related reasons, from Monday, 13 July.
What Do You Need To Do?
If you wish to waive parent gap fees, and are entitled to do so:
- Locate the Gap Fee report, from the banner at the top of the Office Dashboard;
- Run the report to help determine which children are eligible for waived gap fees;
- Go to Financial Adjustments by accessing Financial > Financial Adjustments;
- Select the appropriate parent account to apply the financial adjustment credit;
- Apply a credit for the gap amount as required. It's a good idea to add a description for both the service and the parent (Note: descriptions appear on parent statements).
You can find additional information about this announcement here.