CCS Enrolment Master Guide

Child Care Subsidy is financial assistance for families to help with the cost of approved child care which is paid directly to providers to reduce the out of pocket fee parents/guardians pay.

Key processes need to be completed by your centre in order to correctly set up and manage government enrolments including:


The amount of entitlement depends on your family’s income, the type of child care you are accessing, the age of the child/children and the hours of recognised activities the family does. To find out more visit the Services Australia website.


Complying Written Arrangement (CWA)

What is a Complying Written Arrangement?

A Complying Written Arrangement (CWA) is an agreement to provide care in return for fees. All child enrolments at your service must have an agreed CWA for the family to be eligible for CCS. Creating the CWA is the first step to create a child's CCS enrolment. 

Before creating a new CWA, please make sure that:

  • The child is active on Office.
  • The primary carer for the child is correct. 
  • Both the child and primary carer's DOB and CRN is correct on their Office profile.
  • If the child/ren will attend regularly child has at least 6 weeks worth of bookings on the Master Roll. (Note: if not inputted you will need to manually enter these into the government enrolment notice).
  • If the child will attend casually or only during vacation care, you will need to make a Casual CWA

Creating a CWA Enrolment

1. Go to Child Care Subsidy > Government Enrolments > select child's name > + New CCS Enrolment


2. Select the start date, that can be current date or historic date


3. Select the Frequency of the booking. If creating a weekly or fortnightly CWA, check the routine sessions that have populated are correct. These generate automatically as per the Master Roll for that week. If you require to manually input these sessions press the blue + under each of the days this child will attend and populate the information as required including session length and cost. 



4. If the child attends casually or only during vacation care you can now create a casual CWA without needing to first enter sessions on the Master Roll. Select the "Casual" option through the frequency drop down, enter the most likely session start time, end time and the session cost. In the "Additional Conditions" section include a brief description of the casual session. For example "Based on the child's likely casual booking session fee and time as discussed with the family."

  Screen_Shot_2022-10-11_at_6.13.55_pm.png          Screen_Shot_2022-10-11_at_6.10.46_pm.png

5. Complete the additional enrolment information and reason for late submission if relevant. Once completed press Create.


6. Done. The parent will receive an email notifying them of the CWA. The parents steps are outlined in this article.

To view the CWA, click on "View Parent Approval". 



Parents will receive an email chain once the Child Written Arrangement Government Enrolment has been created. 

1. When a CWA enrolment notice is successfully created






2. When a CWA hasn’t been signed after 48 hours



3. When a CWA has been signed



4. When a CWA has been Updated



  • Through these emails, carers will find a direct link to MyGov where they can sign in and approve their CWA directly.
  • For any Government Enrolments being updated at the centre, the parent will log into Home Web to approve the change to enrolment and again, the email will link them directly to the page. They can still sign this approval through their Home App also. 


Relevant Arrangement (RA)

What is a Relevant Arrangement?

A Relevant Arrangement (RA) is a type of enrolment which indicates families who are not eligible to receive CCS. 

An RA is for families who have not completed their CWA or have confirmed their enrolment to receive CCS, or for those families who are not eligible to receive CCS subsidy (e.g. not Australian citizens but using child care). It is compliant with the government as all children attending childcare require some sort of enrolment.

If, or when, the family is eligible for CCS, please make sure you create a CWA enrolment for the child.

Until a CWA enrolment is created, the child's sessions will be submitted against the RA enrolment. This means the family will not receive Child Care Subsidy payments, until they have a confirmed CWA enrolment. 

How to create an RA? 

  1. Navigate to Child Care Subsidy 
  2. Select Government Enrolments tab
  3. Select child
  4. Press the + New CCS Enrolment 
  5. In the drop down select Relevant Arrangement 
  6. Once completed press Create



Organisation Arrangement (OA)

What is an Organisation Arrangement?

  • A parent may be able to receive free child care on behalf of a third party. Some examples include Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) or a workplace. 
  • This article will help you to manage affected children in Office.
  • It is recommended that the affected child has two profiles on Office to separate session fees covered by the parent/guardian and the session fees covered by the third party.
  • In terms of CCS enrolments, the child's third party profile should have an "OA Enrolment" created for it. The child's original profile should have either an "RA Enrolment" or "CWA enrolment" with comments added in the "Special Conditions" (depending on whether the parent is eligible for CCS.
  • Ensure that child's sessions are separated according to who will be covering the child's sessions at the time (parent or third party). 

Cloning the child's profile

The purpose of cloning the child on Office is to separate the account statements from fees covered by the third party and fees covered by the parent/guardian. In this example, we will use a child receiving free care on behalf of AMEP

1. Clone the child's profile on Office. This can be done by going to Profiles > Children > Search the Child > Right Click > Clone.


2. Update the child's name with "(AMEP)" at the end of their surname e.g. John Smith (AMEP) to  distinguish the AMEP profile from the child's original profile, then click "Save".


3. Click on "Parent/Guardian" then "Create New Parent" for this profile named "AMEP". Click "Save".


4. Tick "Primary Carer" on the AMEP parent account. Click "Save".  


5. Link the existing parent's account to the child's profile so that the parent is able to sign the child in and out, as well as view any observations.


6. Click "Save" to save all changes made.


Government enrolment steps for AMEP profile

If the child's fees will be covered by AMEP completely, you will need to create an "Organisation Arrangement (OA)" enrolment. 

1. Child Care Subsidy > Government Enrolments > select child > + New CCS Enrolment


2. Select "Organisation Arrangement (OA)", add in submission reason, then "Create.


In addition to the "OA" enrolment, if the child's fees will be split between AMEP and the parent/guardian and the parent is eligible for CCS, you will need to create a CWA enrolment with comments added in "Additional Conditions".

1. Child Care Subsidy > Government Enrolments > select child > + New CCS Enrolment


2. Select "Complying Written Agreement (CWA)" and add in comments in "Additional Conditions" to indicate that the child will have part/all fees funded by AMEP.


If the parent is not eligible for CCS, create an Relative Arrangement (RA) instead of a CWA enrolment for the child.

How to manage bookings for AMEP children

Ensure that the child's bookings are separated in accordance to who will be covering the fees for that session. Any sessions that AMEP will cover should be recorded on the AMEP profile. Any sessions that the parent will cover should be covered on the child's original profile. See below for an example. 

Provider Eligible Arrangement (PEA)

If you identify a "child at risk" but are unable to identify a parent or carer who is eligible for ACCS (wellbeing), you may be able to create a provider eligible arrangement enrolment (child wellbeing) under ACCS.

ACCS (child wellbeing) certificate OR an ACCS (child wellbeing) determination must be in effect for the child and your service.  Once this has been completed, you can create a provider eligible arrangement through Office.

Providers can now enrol children in formal foster care arrangements under a PEA for up to 13 weeks while the foster carer is assessed for Child Care Subsidy. The government requires children receiving ACCS long term to be enrolled with a CCS enrolment connected to a carer's CRN once the initial 13 weeks has been exhausted. 

More information about PEAs is available in sections 38 and 42 of the Guide to ACCS (child wellbeing).

    1. "Child Care Subsidy" > "Government Enrolments" > Click "+ New CCS enrolment" > Click on "Complying Written Arrangement" > select "Child Wellbeing - Provider Eligible Arrangement"
    2. Add in routine sessionsScreen_Shot_2022-04-15_at_10.33.28_am.png
    3. Click "Create"
CCS Enrolment Statuses

Once you have created a Government Enrolment for a child, you will see a pill indicating the current status of this enrolment. You can troubleshoot the meanings as follows:

CCS Enrolment Status Notes




  • CWA been approved by primary carer and the enrolment has been submitted to the government.
  • Primary carer now needs to login to MyGov and confirm the enrolment.



  • CWA been approved by primary carer and the enrolment has been submitted to the government. 
  • Primary carer now needs to login to MyGov to complete activity test and/or confirm the CCS enrolment. Click here for parent steps.

What happens if the status does not update after a long period of time?

  • This information is pulled from a government script, so we cannot do anything to speed up this process.
  • Please make sure the correct primary carer has completed all tasks on MyGov. 


  • Parent has completed all CCS steps!
  • CCS will be effective from the CCS enrolment start date.



  • Enrolment has been submitted to government but is missing child and/or parent DOB and/or CRN. 

How can this be fixed?

      1. Go to Profiles > Children and check the CRN and DOB.
        Please check this information is correct for both the primary carer and the child.

      2. Go to 'Government Enrolments' and press "Refresh" to ensure the most up to date information has pulled through.
        Ensure there are no "N/A" spaces in the 'Active Xplor Profile' and below child name before going to step 3. If there is, go back to step 1. 

      3. Click "+ Actions" on the CCS enrolment > Select "Send CRN and DOB". This will pull through the missing information if it is correct in the parent and child profile.
        If successful, the enrolment should sit on "Pending" or "Pending Eligibility".Screen_Shot_2022-04-15_at_10.57.07_am.png


  • The primary carer has disputed the enrolment via MyGov. This will prevent any CCS payments from coming through.

What do I do if an enrolment has been disputed?

The parent have disputed the enrolment due to one of the reasons below: 

  1. Incorrect enrolment schedule (fees, session days and times)
    • Click on + Actions > Update Enrolment Schedule.

    • Get the parent to accept the CWA again, then confirm the enrolment on MyGov.

  2. Incorrect CCS enrolment start date
    • Legally, the CCS enrolment start date is the date the parent had first agreed to the CWA which may be different to the child's physical start date.
    • The start date can be backdated with a valid reason.

  3. Disputed by accident
    • Update the enrolment via either step 1 or 2, then ask the primary carer to log back into MyGov to confirm the enrolment.


  • You will only find ceased enrolments if you click "All" button on the top right corner.
  • Government can cease a CCS enrolment if a child has not attended child care for 14 continuous weeks. 
  • This can happen if a child uses service only during vacation care. 

How do I reactivate a ceased enrolment?

  • You will need to create a new CWA for the child.
  • Once confirmed, you backdate the enrolment, and submit attendances from the date that it had ceased if necessary. 


Backdate a CCS Enrolment

CCS Enrolment Start Date

The CCS enrolment start date is the date the parent agreed to the CWA. Legally, the start date for an enrolment may only be backdated to the date that a parent's written approval was signed. Understandably, there are circumstances where this may be delayed. Make sure that this reason is submitted.

1. Check the current enrolment start date. Child Care Subsidy > Government Enrolments > select child > + View more details.


2. Check if there have been any other occurrences relating to this enrolment. If there have been previous occurrences, make sure that the new start date does not overlap with any previous occurrences (e.g. in the screenshot below, the earliest it can be updated is "2019-03-25" which is the end date of occurrence #2). 


3. If there is only one active occurrence, or a gap between occurrences click + Actions > Update Enrolment Start Date.


4. Update the "Start Date". Add in a valid reason for updating then click "Update Enrolment start date". 


5. Submit session reports from the new start date. 

Updating CWA Enrolment Schedules

Enrolment Schedule on CWA

  • A child's enrolment schedule must be updated when the child's permanent bookings (e.g. session days, session times, fees) have changed. 
  • Only the centre manager/admin can have access in updating the enrolment schedule.
  • There is no need to update the enrolment schedule if there are a few one off changes.

How do I update a parent's CWA enrolment schedule?

1. Navigate to Child Care Subsidy  > Government Enrolments > Select child > Click Actions (top right of CCS enrolment) > Update Enrolment Schedule.


2. Update sessions here by clicking on the existing sessions or by clicking the "+". The sessions should automatically update if the Master Roll updated first. Click Update once complete.


3. The parent will receive an email notification linking them to Home Web to approve the new CWA. Check "View Parent Approval" to check if the parent has done this. Note: Parent does not need to confirm the enrolment on MyGov again. Screen_Shot_2022-10-13_at_5.02.42_pm.png


CCS Entitlements
NOTE: Office receives entitlement information from the government. If the parent does not agree with the entitlements, please get the parent to contact Centrelink.

Where can I view my parent's CCS entitlements? 


  • Entitlements will only appear on "Confirmed" CWA enrolments. 
  • Go to Child Care Subsidy > Government Enrolments > select the child > Under the heading "1 CCS Government enrolment" > Click "+ View entitlements".

How to View Children's Entitlements


Subheading Meaning
  • Parent's entitled percentage
  • 0.00% means parent is not eligible for CCS
Hours per fortnight
  • Parent's entitled hours per fortnight
  • N/A means parent is not eligible for CCS
CCS withholding %
  • Prior to any CCS payment being made, a withholding percentage is applied. Withheld amounts of CCS are used to offset potential debts incurred in the future (i.e. at reconciliation).
  • The default withholding percentage for all individuals is 5% of their total entitlement.


  • If child is eligible for Additional Child Care Subsidy, this field will have "120.00%", otherwise it will say "0.00%"
Absence Count
  • Number of absences for the current financial year
  • CCS covers up to 42 absences a year
  • Click here for additional absence information. 
Annual Cap Reach
  • Yes/No will indicate if the parent has reached their annual cap
Preschool Exemption
  • Y/N will indicate if the parent is eligible for the preschool exemption
Allowable Absences

Absences are recorded automatically by submissions - please ensure the booking is in yellow as this means it was an absence. A child is allowed up to 42 absences per financial year between all services without a reason that will still be covered by subsidy payments.

If a child goes over 42 absences, allowable absences can be claimed. Extra absences can be granted in accordance with the government guidelines.


How to Check Absences to Date in Office

1.  To check the financial YTD absences, go to Child Care Subsidy > Government Enrolments > search and select child > CCS Government Enrolment > + View Entitlements


2. This will show the Absence Count for this child. If the 42 absences have been reached, the 'absence cap reached' will display yes.


Adding an Allowable Absence through Master Roll

Services can mark absences on the Master Roll as a CCS Additional Absence. Bookings marked as an absence with no CCS reason provided will be submitted as a standard absence. Bookings which have a CCS reason attached will be submitted to the government as an “Additional Absence”.


  1. Click on booking in the Master Roll
  2. Click 'Absence' tab to mark as a planned absence
  3. Select a CCS reason from the drop-down box
  4. Click 'Update Booking' 

NOTE: The government may require you to produce evidence of an additional absence in line with the reason provided.  Evidence cannot be submitted to the government through Office when flagging an absence and instead must be stored by the service. Medical certificates can be uploaded in PRODA via the Provider Entry Point.

Allowable Absences through Provider Entry Point (PRODA)

In PEP, select the 'More details' button in the 'Sessions box


Click 'View' next to the relevant week you wish to submit allowable absences for


  • Tick box to advise if session was an absence.
  • Absence reason: Select reason for absence. Note that absence reason is only needed to determine if additional absences can be paid (child has had already reached 42 absence days for the year).
  • Educator, Subsidy Information, Update location/Transport Only and Session Address sections: Information in this section will be pre-filled and can be edited if needed.
  • Submit all: Select to submit. Information will only be saved once you select submit.



Each enrolment is broken down into what are called 'occurrences' which are essentially different 'versions' of an enrolment which have ceased. 

Please note:  Ceased occurrence start and end dates cannot be altered. If you need an occurrence to cover a certain period, please get in contact with Support.    



How do I find occurrences relating to a child's ccs enrolment?

Child Care Subsidy > Government Enrolments > select a child > + View Occurrences. 

If the child is inactive or if the enrolment has ceased, please make sure you select "All" on the top right corner of the Government Enrolments page.


How to breakdown multiple occurrences?


  1. Occurrence number. Occurrence numbers are created by the government in the order that enrolment occurrences are generated. These are used as a reference number and may not reflect a chronological timeline
  2. Occurrence start date.* 
  3. Occurrence end date.* If it says "Present", it means that the occurrence is currently active.  
  4. Indicates the occurrence has now ceased.
  5. The status the enrolment was sitting at when it was ceased. Ideally, it should say "Confirmed" However, there are other statuses it may have ceased on at the time. The different statuses can include Pending, Pending Eligibility, or Disputed.

    * Ceased occurrence start and end dates cannot be altered. If you need an occurrence to cover a certain period, please get in contact with Support.    

Troubleshooting Occurrences

If an occurrence is sitting at any of the statuses outlined in the table below, it may explain why the parent had not received CCS payment at the time. Please refer to the table to see what action to take.

Occurrence Status Action




Get the parent to call Centrelink to "Confirm" the enrolment.

*If Centrelink cannot assist, make sure parent receives a job number. Take this job number and contact CCS Help Desk for services to get this rectified.


Contact Support

We will need to escalate this to CCS Help Desk for software providers to update the status to "CEASED (PENDING)". Once it has been updated, please get parents to follow steps above. 


Contact Support

We will need to escalate this to the tech team to update the parent/child details for this occurrence. Once fixed, the status will sit on "CEASED (PENDING)". Once it has been updated, please get parents to follow steps above. 


Ceasing Government Enrolments

A child's CCS enrolment should only be ended when the cessation of care is certain. Head to this page for the full process of ending a child's care at your service. This page will run through just ending the government enrolment.

Options for Ending an Enrolment 

There are two options when ending the CCS enrolment end date. It is a business decision as to which option you would prefer.

Option 1: is to wait until the child has completed their last booked in session before ending the enrolment. This is the recommended option to ensure that the final automatic submissions get processed. Once the CCS has been paid for the last week, you can go back and set the CCS enrolment end date. 

Option 2: Set the CCS enrolment end date in advance. This is recommended if you are aware of a child being absent for their last session. This will prevent CCS from being paid for the last absent day/s, then later being withdrawn. 

E.g. A parent has informed you in advance that their child's last day will be on Thursday the 19th of September. The child has does not attend their last session, therefore CCS should not be paid. In this scenario, it is  best to end the CCS enrolment before weekly automatic submissions are processed. 

NOTE: For OPTION 2, set the end date to be on the Sunday after there last day so submissions still are processed on the Friday.

Presetting a CCS Enrolment Date

To end the enrolment, navigate to: Child Care Subsidy > Government Enrolments > select child > + Actions > End CCS Enrolment > Set the end date > Save

NOTE: The end date cannot be set in the past. If 'invalid date' displays, check the date is the current day or later, and try save once again.