If you have any fees other than booking fees, for example excursion fees, admin fees, late pick up fees etc. you should add these as a 'Pay item' and then apply them to the parent account using 'Financial Adjustments'.
It is important to note that these fees are additional fees separate to bookings and are as such, not sent to CCS or included in the booking fee.
Creating a Pay Item
1. Settings > service settings > Pay items
2. You will then see a box at the top that says 'Add item'. You should add your extra fee details here.
3. Fill out the Pay item details
What to fill out on the New Pay Item is below:
Item name: This is the name of the fee that will appear on parent statements for example: Enrolment fee
GL code: A General Ledger Code (GL Code) is a unique shorthand code or number given to each account in the Chart of Accounts within the Finance system. You can leave this blank if it does not apply to you.
Amount: You can leave this blank if this fee changes OR add the fee price if it is always the same
Fixed amount: If the fee is always the same and you don't want anyone at your service to be able to change this amount when they apply it to a parent account you should tick this on. Otherwise leave it unticked
4. Select Save.
Applying the Pay Item / New Fee to a parent account.
The Financial Adjustments page is where you can manage any fees other than booking fees. Some examples include excursion fees, admin fees, late pick up fees etc.
Clicking into the 'Financial Adjustments' page will initially provide you with a running sheet of all historical adjustments over time for ease of reference. You can display up to 100 records at a time.
Adding a Financial Adjustment
1. Select Financial > Financial Adjustments
2. To create a new adjustment click on the "Add" button in the top right corner. You will be brought to this screen:
3. Fill in the following information as relevant to the financial adjustment you are making:
- Selecting Children: You can type in multiple children's names in this field and manually click on those you wish to select. You can also choose to select "All Children", "Active Children", "Inactive Children", or "Waitlist Children"
- Recurring fee: You can choose to make a fee recurring over a period of time to be monthly or weekly.
- Start Date: This is the date that the adjustment will appear on the parent's statement or the date of the first recurring fee.
- End Date: Only required if you have chosen a recurring fee.
- Type of Adjustment: Miscellaneous Fee (+) will add a charge to the statement, appearing on the Debit side on a parent's statement. Discount/Credit will add a discount to the statement, appearing on the credit side on a parent's statement.
- Item: Choose from the list of your pay items
- Amount: The amount you would like to apply to a parent's account.
- Comments: This field is not required. You can add any extra comments for future reference - this will appear on the parent's statement.
4. Click "Save"
NOTE: Allow a few minutes for this transaction to appear on a parent's statement
You can watch a video tutorial on these steps here.
These steps and many more Financial tips are included in our Parent Account Financial Training Webinar. You can watch the full webinar here.