This guide will help you to cease a CCS Government Enrolment during a period where your centre is in a Commonwealth Declared COVID-19 Hotspot. Please view the Department of Health website or contact the CCS Help Desk to determine if you're in a Commonwealth Declared COVID-19 Hotspot.
When a child’s enrolment ceases and the first and/or last session was not attended, the Child Care Subsidy for any days after the last day the child physically attends is often withdrawn. During COVID-19, there may be periods of time during which your child care service is located in a local emergency area (LEA). You may, as a result, be permitted to apply a $0 COVID-19 Last Day of Care Session. Doing so will stop the previously permitted subsidy from being withdrawn.
Before making any changes to a child's attendance records, kindly seek confirmation from the CCS Help Desk for their guidance.
To be eligible, the enrolment must be ceased:
- by arrangement during a state and territory lockdown in a Commonwealth declared hotspot of more than 7 days, and;
- on or after 12 July 2021.
The enrolment must either be:
- at a service that is located in an area subject to a Commonwealth hotpot declaration, or;
- for a child that lives in an area that is subject to a Commonwealth hotpot declaration.
- Create a new fee.
Go to Settings > Service Settings > Click on your service > Fees > Tap on "+New Fee" at the upper right.
- The session fee is $0.
- The session start time is 10:00pm and end time is 10:15pm
- The fee name is ‘COVID-19 last day of care’
- The fee should be eligible for "Australian CCS"
- Create an additional booking with the ‘COVID-19 last day of care’ fee attached to the child's last day at your service.
- Record 10:00pm - 10:15pm as the child's attendance.
Note: Compliance with eligibility rules and obligations under Family Assistance Law will be monitored.
- If you have made this change for a previous week, you will need to manually resubmit this session to the Government. Please view this guide for more help.