The parent onboarding milestone is usually performed 1 or 2 weeks before your “Go live” date. Your Onboarding Specialist will discuss with you how to roll out Xplor Home for your parents.
Parent onboarding is not an exact science. Be prepared that some families may ignore or delay their call to action. It is up to you to remind families to sign up to Xplor.
- Communication from you of the software transition to your families early and sending out Xplor Home training information.
- On an agreed date, your Onboarding Specialist will send out welcome emails to your parents.
- It is up to you to remind families to sign up to Xplor before live week
Communicating to families
It is highly recommended that you communicate to families that you are transitioning to Xplor and they should expect an email and to sign up. We suggest communicating this a few days before your agreed parent week, as parents can forget if it is sent out too early.
We have parent slide packs and communication templates available. Talk to your Onboarding Specialist about providing you the most relevant ones based on your package.
Example communication template:
I am writing to let you know that our Centre will be rolling out a new digital sign in/out system called Xplor.
What is happening?
We are moving to a new Digital Attendance system which will replace our current sign in / out functionality. It will be a similar system to the kiosk that is utilised in the Reception/Foyer allowing you to sign in and out your children contactless with a QR Code scanner from your phone or using a phone number and PIN code.
HOW WILL THIS HAPPEN?
- On **date of parent week** you will be invited via email (from Xplor) to set up your account for the Digital Attendance system. Please keep an eye out for this email and create your password and pin code.
- Once you have set up your account, please download the parent app called ‘Xplor Home’ and log in. This will allow you to sign in your child the following week with the QR Code scanner.
- You should add anyone else who is authorised to pick up your children as Hub Guests
On Monday the **date of live week**, we will start using this new sign in system. You should have created your profile and downloaded the Home App by then.
I encourage you to read the attached PDF as well.
I realise this is a big change but it is one we are undertaking to help us provide a better experience for our families.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Welcome emails from Xplor
On the agreed date, we will release your parents' invites. Parents will then receive an email from Xplor asking them to create their accounts.
When the parents receive this invite they will need to do 3 things:
- Set a password
- Create an access code
- Download the home app and login
- Add anyone else who is authorised to pick up their children as Hub Guests
Viewing active parents
Once email invitation have been sent, you can find a report of parents that have and haven’t setup their account.
Xplor Office > Reports > Service Reports > Active Parent Report > Preview or download CSV
Anyone that has login password set: no, has not yet signed up to Xplor.