Data Migration - Child Parent report QK
What’s the process?
Once you have completed your Data Preparation in QK, your onboarding specialist will retrieve an excel report from QK and import this into Xplor.
It is extremely important that your Data Preparation is done, otherwise information may be missing when imported and it is up to you to fill in these gaps.
What is brought across?
- Child details - Name, DOB, address, cultural requirements and information
- Medical information - practitioner, medicare, allergies, medications, diet
- Enrolment details - CRN, Room, start date
- Parent/Guardian details - Name, contact details, DOB, cultural details
- Emergency contacts - Name, contact details, medical/collection/excursion nominee
What isn’t brought across?
- Immunisation records
- Enrolment forms
- Any additional attachments
After your Parent and Child data has been imported
As soon as your onboarding specialist lets you know that the Parent child data has been imported, you should quality check these and let your specialist know if anything is missing.
The best way to check this is to export the Master CSV in Xplor.
Profiles > Children > Export > Master CSV
Check that all medical data imported into the Special Circumstances field
Please note, only active children from QK were imported, check for any missing children.
Children enrolled after the parent child import
Any children that have been to QK added after this process, will need to manually be added to Xplor by you. It is important you do this before parent onboarding week to ensure these parents are invited to Xplor.