A booking can be edited to update the fee, room or booking type. This can be done for a single booking, or for multiple bookings (for one child or multiple).
- Go to the Master Roll and find the child's booking
- Click on the Booking to open it
- Select the new room, fee or booking type
- Click 'Update Booking'
1. Tick the box next to the child's name
2. Click 'Edit' in the top right-hand side
3. Select a Start Date
4. Select an End Date
5. Untick the days that are NOT to be changed, so the days remaining are the bookings you wish to update
6. Click 'Select Edit Operations' and choose 'Change Room', 'Change Fee', 'Change Absence' or 'Change Holiday' based on what you want to edit
7. Choose the Room, Fee or Absence type you want to give the bookings respectively
1. Go to the "Master Roll" > Select the Box on the Left-Hand Side of the children's names
2. Click "+ Add" in the top right hand corner
3. Select Recurring Booking, then choose:
- the date range you want the bookings to cover
- the room
- the fee type
- the days of the week you are creating bookings for
- whether the bookings are weekly or fortnightly.
4. Click 'Create'. In the pop up that appears, review the details and click 'Confirm'.
Follow steps 1 and 2, above, then:
- Select Single Booking
- Choose the Booking Type
- Select Room, Days, Fee, Start & End Date, then click 'Create'
Check, and resolve, any conflicts, click Continue, then Confirm.
Bookings can be deleted for either a single day or multiple days in a row. You will need to remove any attendances attached to bookings before they can be deleted.
- This option is good for instances where you need to delete multiple bookings over multiple accounts, for example, over a holiday period.
- This is also an option for deleting multiple bookings for one child.
- Go to the Master Roll
- Select the child(ren) by ticking the box beside their image
- Click -Delete in the top right corner, chose the days, select start & end dates, then click preview
Check you aren't deleting bookings with Attendances attached, then select the bookings you which to delete, and click "Save."
- This option is good for deleting just one booking for one child, for example, when a booking was made in error.
- Go to the Master Roll
- Search for the relevant child
- Click the booking you want to delete
- In the pop up box select Delete.
8. Click 'Preview'
9. Tick the box next to 'Status' to select all the bookings marked 'OK' to change
10. Click 'Change _______'