My parents can't see any Observations - why aren't they receiving them?
Please check the following:
- The 'Needs Review' tab in Playground Web. If you have set Educators up to require their posts reviewing before they are received by parents, their Observations will need to be approved.
- Where are parents looking for that Observation? They can see the complete Observation under the child's timeline, and photos only under the Observations tab.
- Have they received the Observation but not all the photos? Parents can view the first four photos through the App, and the rest through home.myxplor.com
- Have you made sure that child is tagged in the Observation?
- Has the Observation been uploaded in the Playground App or is it still in draft? It will need to be posted to be received.
I am having log-in issues. It keeps saying 'invalid credentials' when I try to log in.
There are two log-in stages for the Playground App. If your screen looks like the image below, the Service credentials are required.
The Service login details are only available to the Centre Manager, who will need to log into the device as the service, before Educators can start using the App.
If this is not the case, and you are at the Educator log-in stage, please check the following:
Is the email address spelt correctly, as it is in the Educator's profile?
Try resetting the PIN/password
Photos are not uploading to Observations
Firstly, please check your internet connection.
Please wait a couple of minutes. Even with a strong internet connection, each photo can take thirty seconds to upload. If you are uploading high resolution images, these will take longer.
Wait rather than trying to repost multiple times: this will put further strain on the server.
Will Educators be able to see sleep checks, nappy changes, etc. that they have recorded in a previous attendance? Where can they see this?
Educators can view past Attendances and Health Events under the child's profile in the Playground App.
- Click on the child's name or profile picture to open their profile
- Click on the drop-down box to select which kind of event you would like to view. It defaults to the event-type you entered the profile from (e.g. the Attendance tab)
- Select a date from the date selector, which defaults to 'Today'
Can parents download photos?
For privacy and security reasons, Playground does not allow parents to download photos, as they often include images of children who are not their own.
That said, Playground cannot prevent parents from taking screenshots, or web browsers allowing parents to right-click and 'save as' the image.
How can I print Observations?
You cannot print directly from the App. However, you can print Observations from Playground Web. See this article for details.
What can parents see?
In the App:
- Any Observations their child is tagged in: all the photos and content, only the first names of other children
- Any nappy changes recorded for their child
- How long their child slept for if sleep events are recorded for their child
- When suncream applications are recorded for their child
- Any nutrition events recorded for their child
- The entire Observation their child is tagged in, minus the surnames and profile photos of other children in the 'Tagged Children' section
- The entire published Documentation their child is tagged in, minus the surnames of other children. Please note this includes any Observations you have dropped into the Documentation.
- If their child is tagged in a published Plan, the parent can view everything except for Observations and Documentation they are not tagged in which have been included in the Plan. These will appear as blank shapes. They will also not be able to view profile photos of other children, or the surnames of other children.
I am having issues with one of my rooms at the moment. I can't sign in any children, or add nappy check, sleep, meal, etc. The plus sign is faded out.
The room is closed! Room opening times are set in Office, in Room Settings. You cannot use Playground in a room until it is open.
Is your question not listed above? Try our Playground Web Troubleshooting article, contact the Support Desk.
Have feature requests? Upvote and existing request or add your own here.