CCS Estimates and CCS Payments are not the same.
If your service charge accounts in advance, CCS can come in two stages:
- CCS estimates
- CCS payments
The CCS estimates are a calculated amount based on the entitlements on the government enrolment whilst the CCS payment is the true amount of subsidy the service receives from the government.
Most of the time, these figures will be the same. However, a difference between these numbers may occur for one of many reasons. Office does not receive data on this, so discrepancies will have to be queried between the parent and Centrelink.
- CCS estimates are the estimated amount of CCS that an account will be paid in the future, before the government makes a CCS payment.
- This is based on the parent's entitlements and the session fees on the Master Roll.
- CCS estimates expire after two weeks of not being paid.
- This benefits families who pay in advance as they will not have to wait for the government to finalise CCS payments to pay the gap fee.
- Please note: these values are purely estimates. In some circumstances, it is possible for a different amount to be paid depending on entitlement changes.
- During the on-boarding process, your centre will nominate your preferred billing period.
- Estimates are generated up until the end of the nominated billing period week.
- Within the centre’s current billing period, estimates will be immediately created or updated when new bookings are created or existing bookings are edited or removed.
- Outside of the centre’s billing period and only for future dates, CCS estimates are generated every Friday night for the centre’s billing period, plus 4 weeks.
- For centres billing in arrears, CCS estimates will only be generated on a Friday for 4 weeks from the end of the centre’s current billing period.
- For example, If the centre is billing 1 week in arrears, then CCS estimates will will only be generated for 3 weeks from the current date (4 weeks - 1 week = 3 weeks).
- Estimates will automatically update if entitlements or bookings change within the current billing period.
- If you would like to force an update, go to Master Roll > tick the box next to the affected child > click the green circle button (top right corner) > Tools > Update Accounts.
Estimates will appear as a light yellow pill on the Master Roll. Once the estimate has been paid, the colour of the ccs pill on the master roll will change to light green.
Parent Account Statements
Once CCS is paid, "Daily CCS estimate" will be removed, and be replaced with a bulk sum transaction labelled "Weekly CCS Subsidy". Read "CCS Payments" for more information.
- By default, a child's profile should automatically have CCS estimates switched on.
- To turn this on/off, go to 'Profiles' > 'Children' > select child > tick 'CCS Estimation' > Save.