Additional Childcare Subsidy (ACCS) is a top-up payment in addition to the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) and, except for the ACCS (transition to work), it will cover all of a child’s child care fees in most cases.
The ACCS includes four distinct elements:
- ACCS (grandparent) – for grandparents who are primary carers of their grandchildren
- ACCS (temporary financial hardship) – for families experiencing temporary financial hardship - there's more information this here.
- ACCS (transition to work) – for families transitioning from income support to work.
- ACCS (child wellbeing) – for families who require practical help to support their children’s safety and wellbeing – Please read this article for more information about child wellbeing.
If a parent/guardian is eligible for ACCS (grandparent, temporary hardship, or transition to work) please make sure that they apply via MyGov. For parent instructions, click here.
As a service provider, you are only required to create a CWA enrolment for those three types of ACCS enrolments. The entitlements will apply automatically if the parent has applied and been approved for ACCS. Allow up to 48 hours for the entitlements to update. If a child requires ACCS (child wellbeing), please read this article.
For any type of ACCS enrolments, you are only required to create a regular CWA enrolment. Entitlements will apply automatically once it has been approved.
The only situation where you have to create different enrolment type is for a ACCS (child wellbeing) enrolment where a parent with a CRN cannot be identified. In this case, a provider eligible arrangement will need to be created.
How to check if ACCS has applied
See the following government articles to understand the following:
- What is the Additional Child Care Subsidy (child wellbeing)? – Fact Sheet
- What is the Additional Child Care Subsidy (transition to work)? – Fact Sheet
- What is the Additional Child Care Subsidy (temporary financial hardship)? – Fact Sheet
- What is the Additional Child Care Subsidy (grandparent)? – Fact Sheet