Parents who do not meet and are not otherwise exempt from the Child Care Subsidy activity test will be entitled to 36 hours of subsidised care per fortnight to support their preschool-aged child to attend a preschool program at a Centre Based Day Care service. Click here for more information.
- Affected children will need to be booked in a "Pre-School" type room for the child's sessions to be submitted for the preschool exemption.
- If you suspect that the child has not received CCS for the pre-school exemption, check the child's entitlements and submissions.
- NOTE: Office cannot estimate CCS for children eligible for the preschool program. It will appear as part of the "Weekly CCS Subsidy" on parent statements once payment has been finalised.
- It is essential that you have a "Preschool" type room available at your service. To create one, go to Settings > Room Settings > Add > Room Type: Preschool > Add.
- Make sure that all the child's sessions are in this room. This will mean the child's session's will be submitted for the preschool exemption.
- At the end of each week, Office will submit to the government and children entitled to claim the pre-school subsidy will receive it.
- If your child is not receiving subsidy even when they are set up in this room, please get the family to contact Centrelink and check they are set up correctly on their end.
Go to Child Care Subsidy > Government Enrolments > select child > + View Entitlements
- "Y" stands for "Yes" - eligible for preschool exemption
- "N" means "No" - not eligible for preschool exemption
- Ensure parent has updated their claim.
- Child Care Subsidy > CCS Submissions > select child's name or search for name in "Filtering" > select the relevant date.
- Click "View more details". Then click "View raw government record". This will generate a list of submission information.
- SessionOfCares > results > 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4. These numbers represent each session that was submitted.
- Under each number, look for the row titled "isPreSchoolProgram".
- "Y" stands for "Yes" - this session was submitted for the preschool program.
- If parent has not received payment, despite the submission indicating "Y", please get parent to contact Centrelink
- "N" means "No" - this session was not submitted for the preschool program
- May explain why the child is not receiving extra subsidy.
- Make sure that the child was booked into a "Pre-School" type room, the submit session report again.
Click this link for information on the Pre-School Exemption from the department of education.
Click this link for information on how families apply for the Pre-school exemption.