Using Messenger, Educators and Parents can now communicate directly with each other via Playground and Home.
To send a message to a family or to view messages received, navigate to the Playground Dashboard and scroll down to 'Messenger'.
If any new messages have been received, a red dot above the speech bubble icon will appear, and the number of new messages will be displayed.
Service has the option to toggle this feature on and off through Office. Navigate to Setting > Service Settings > App Setting > Messenger > On/Off.
If you are not using Playground App, please do not turn this feature on as your parents will have the opportunity to send messages but your educators will not be able to read and reply to them.
Selecting 'Messages', you will be prompted to sign in with your Educator credentials.
A record of all messages received will be shown, with the most recently received messages displayed at the top of the screen.
An icon next to each message will indicate the sender - all messages created by educators will be indicated by a purple icon, and any messages from parents/guardians will be orange.
Any unread messages will be flagged by a red dot at the top of the sender icon.
Tapping on the preview will open the full message, and a reply can be made by typing in the 'Leave a reply...' field at the bottom of the screen.
Click the paper airplane to send the reply.
1) Navigate to 'Messages' via the Dashboard.
2) Enter your credentials, then tap the pencil icon at the top right of the screen.
3) Scroll through and tap the 'Plus' button next to each intended recipient's child (the parent/guardian name will be displayed underneath), or use the search field at the top of the screen.
4) Once you have selected your recipients, tap the green 'Next' button at the bottom right of the screen.
5) Enter a message title, type your message, and click 'Send' when complete.
Note: All carers of the child will receive Messages. Please keep this is mind when making requests and/or sending information.
Once a Message has been sent, it cannot be edited, archived or deleted. Should a Message or Reply need to be removed, please contact our Support Team.