Cloning a child profile into another service

Often you may have a child that attends more than one of your services, or you may need to move a child profile to another service. In this case, you can clone the child profile to the other service.


Step 1: Cloning the child

You can create a duplicate profile for a child by cloning them.  This can be done by going to Profiles > Children > Search the Child > Right Click > Clone.


This will open a new version of the child's profile.

From here select the new service that the child is moving/being cloned into in the service dropdown, give the child an enrolment start and end date, select a room. 



It can sometimes help to label which account falls under which primary carer by adding a note in the first name of the child profile. For example a child profile John Smith can become John (Mum) Smith.

Click 'Save' do NOT close the child's profile


Step 2: Link the primary carer / guardian 

Move to the 'Parent/Guardian' tab within the child profile. 

- Tick the box for the primary carer 

Click 'Save'


Parents do not have to sign up again. They will have two child profiles in their Home account, under two different services.


Step 3: Managing the bookings

You will need to add the child's bookings to the new service as normal.

Step 4: Managing CCS Enrolments

You will need to create a new CCS enrolment for the new service.

To create the new CCS enrolment, head to:

- Child Care Subsidy > Government Enrolments > Search and select the Child > New CCS Enrolment
- Select the Primary Carer the enrolment is going to be against from the drop down menu
- Select the Enrolment type to be created (usually Complying Written Arrangement)
- Ensure the regular sessions reflect those that this primary carer will be paying for
- Click 'Create'
- The parent will need to complete the following steps to finalise the enrolment: CCS: CWA Parent Steps on Home and MyGov