Educators will require logins to access the Hub, Playground App and/or playground.myxplor.com.
Make sure that administrators are also added as educators so they are able to sign children in / out and access the app, even if you already have an admin account set up. The admin login is only for prodadmin.myxplor.com/elc and not for the educator app.
1. Add a new profile
Do this by going to prodadmin.myxplor.com. Then, move to: Profiles > Educators > Add (top right-hand corner of the page)
2. Fill in the Educator Details
In the blank profile that pops up, add in the educators details, press save at the bottom of the page.
Once you add their email address and press "Save", the educator will be sent a welcome email and will be able to set their password, then login through the app.
Adding Educators Across Multiple Services
1. Open the educator profile account settings at Profiles > Educators > Select the Educator > Account Settings
2. Click in the box "Select Service" and choose which services you would like the educator to be part of
3. Select the relevant services
4. Once you finish, scroll down to the bottom of the page and press "Save"
Your educator/s will now have access to the multiple services that you have selected for them.
Note: This is only in the instance where the Educator has not completed the set up of their Xplor ID. This would occur through one of the below circumstances:
Educator does not action Welcome Email within 7 days of it being sent to them and the account creation link expires.
Welcome email was sent to the Educators wrong email address.
Resend welcome email to individual educator
Go to Profiles > Educators then navigate to the individuals profile
Select the Resend Welcome Email button in contact information.
- Select Ok
Note: This button will not be shown when:
- When an educator has their Xplor ID created. This is because the welcome email has been actioned and not needed to be sent.
- When an educator is first created. This is because the welcome email has been automatically sent.
- when an educator profile has an empty email field. In other words, if the educator has no email recorded, you can’t send a welcome email and therefore cannot now resend one.
- This button will be disabled when an Educator with no Xplor ID AND an email address in their profile has their email address edited. This is because when the new email is entered and the profile is saved, we trigger a welcome email to this new email anyway.
Resend welcome email to educators in bulk
- Navigate to Profiles > Educators
- On the dashboard, select the educators by ticking the box to the left hand side of their Id number.
- To the top right select Send Educator Welcome Email
- Select Ok
Profiles > Children > Find Educator > Reset Password > The password will be sent the reset password to the address registered in the 'email' column.
Profiles > Educators > Account Settings > Qualifications > Press View, Add or Delete.
Educators can be placed as active or inactive to represent their current employment at the service and user permissions.
Placing an educator as inactive will remove them from the Dashboard Roster and disable their login credentials.
Educators placed as inactive can later be changed to active which will make them visible in the Dashboard Roster and allow the educator to access Playground.
To Place An Educator Active or Inactive:
Go to Profiles > Educators > Select Educator > Account Settings > Permissions > Select Active or Inactive
To Delete An Educator:
Profiles > Educators > Delete
To change the default setting so an Educator requires their posts approved first, please follow the below steps.
- You will need to be logged into Office as an Administrator
- Click 'Profiles"
- Click 'Educators'
- Click on the Educator you wish to change the settings for
- Click 'Account Settings' on the left-hand side of the screen
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, to 'Permissions'
- Select the box 'Yes' under 'Review Post'
- Click 'Save'
To approve observations which need review, please follow the below steps.
- You will need to be logged into Playground Web as an administrator or an educator who does not need their posts reviewed
- Click 'Observations'
- Click 'Needs Review'
- Click on the three dots next to the title of the observation you wish to approve
- Click 'Approve'
Note: You may then need to refresh the page.