We do not delete children off Xplor, rather, we make them 'Inactive'.
NOTE: DO NOT inactivate a child who has not had all their subsidy paid. This could cause them to lose or be ineligible to receive back paid subsidy.
Go to: Profiles > Children > Search the child > Click on the child's account.
- We recommend adding 'Inactive' in brackets next to the child's first name to keep track of the inactive account.
- Change the enrolment end date to today's date (the enrolment will then be marked as ended as of today)
- Change the enrolment status to 'inactive'.
- Press "Save" to install changes.
Then, do the same for the parent information if the parent account is not being used elsewhere:
- Go to the Parent/guardian tab and click "View Parent Profile" for the parent.
- Remove the parent/guardian email address/es.
- Tick "Do not debit" if there are banking details saved.
- Press "Save" at the bottom of the page.
- Check that the child appears as "Inactive" in Profiles > Children > Select Status "Inactive" > Search Child Name.
Deleting children is a common question from administrators, educators and parents, who understandably want to be able to remove information off Xplor.
Often this request occurs when:
A) a child is no longer enrolled at a service;
B) admin have duplicated entries for a child;
C) an enrolment form was completed more than once or;
D) a child account was cloned by accident.
In order for Xplor to be compliant as a child care administrative software, deleting an account data off Xplor is not possible.
We have a duty of care to our clients past and present, and part of this duty is to maintain a record of their time on Xplor.
This is in our clients interests because if they ever needed evidence of their enrolment at a service or other data, we would be able to provide it.
We do not store data for our own use, it is because we are obliged to keep a record in order to perform our duties as a company.
For example, contact numbers, billing info, addresses, specific information about the child and names, all can be removed off a profile, amongst other things.
Please contact the centre admin if you need specific information removed off your profile. Xplor support can also assist with this.