In order to download and update the Xplor app, you have to sign in to your device with the respective type of user account.
For Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod)
Create an Apple ID here: https://appleid.apple.com/account#!&page=create
- In order to create an Apple ID, you need to have an existing email address. If you don't have one yet, you can create a free gmail account (or any email service of your choice). Once that is complete, you can then click the link above to sign up.
- You do not need to enter any payment details when creating an Apple ID from the web link.
For Android devices
Create a Gmail account here: https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?hl=en
- Unlike Apple IDs, a Gmail email is the same as your Google Account so this is just a one step process.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need to create one for each educator?
No, you only need one for each service.
2. What do I input for the Date of Birth?
This is up to the service but we usually recommend using the date that the service started business or a random date like 01 January 1970.
3. What do I input for the First Name & Last Name?
You can use the service name in this field.
4. Do I need to pay to get either one of these accounts?
No, both Apple ID and Google Play account is free to use. You may have to pay charges if you downloaded a paid app with the account.
5. What happens if I forgot the password to the account?
You will have to reset the password with their respective websites. Xplor is unable to assist in this as we do not store your Apple & Google login credentials.
6. Can I use my personal Apple ID or Google Play account to login to the Xplor device?
Yes you can however it is not recommended.
7. How many Apple ID or Google Play account can I create?
You can create as many as you would like however if you create too many accounts back to back, your IP address might be flagged for spamming by Apple/Google.
8. Can Xplor set up an account for me?
Unfortunately due to security and privacy reasons, we do not offer this as a service to our clients. However, rest assured that the process is quite straight forward (refer above).