An Xplorer account allows for people, other than the parents, to pick up and drop off children. These are typically people like grandparents, babysitters or emergency contacts who need to be authorised to sign in and out.
An Xplorer account has 'restricted access' to Xplor - this means they can only view a child's timeline which includes child sign ins/outs, observations, and health events. They can also sign the child in/out through the Hub. They cannot make changes, comment or like on their account, or view any sensitive information about the child.
Adding an Xplorer via the App
Only registered parents/guardians can add Xplorers.
1. Log into your Xplor Care app.
2. Tap the settings tab
3. Your Xplor settings will appear, and in your top right-hand side of the wheel, you will see a rectangular envelope.
4. Click on the envelope and you will be directed to a screen that says "Invite Xplorer" > Enter details and then click "Add". This will trigger an invite email to the Xplor who can set up their password, and use their email and password to then sign in and out of the HUB.
Adding an Xplorer via the Web
1. Log in to web.myxplor.com
2. Go to 'Profile' > Click the 'Postcard Icon' in top right hand corner of the page.
3. Input the required details and press 'Submit'. This will trigger an email to the new Xplorer.
How to delete Xplorers?
Only centre admin can remove Xplorers. For parents who wish to delete Xplorers, please inform your service director/administrator as only they can perform this action.
Admin: An administrator can see all the Xplorers registered to an account from the 'Xplorer tab' in the child's profile. Press 'Delete' beside the Xplorers name.
Can you restrict Xplorer access even further?
If parents do not wish for a contact to be given access to the child's profile or learning journey. The best option is not to register the person as an Xplorer but instead the contact should let the educator at the service know when the child is being picked up or dropped off, and the educator can sign in/out the child from their account instead. This process will still send notification to the parent.
What happens after the Xplor invite email is sent?
Xplorers are sent a welcome email that invites them to download the app, set a password and log in to their account.