Discounts in Xplor
There are 3 ways you can apply a discount in Xplor, you can choose the type you use depending on what type of discount you are applying.
1) Perform a 'Once off' discount
2) Set up discount as a 'Pay Item' (so you have a permanent discount set up in Adjustments tab)
3) Set up a new discounted fee type (with the discount included in the fee)
This is a once-off discount and is non-recurring. This once-off discount has not been created in 'pay items' but rather, might be manually created to suit a particular customers needs for that specific day.
Go to Financial > Financial Adjustments > Add > Fill in the required information
- Select name of the child
- Start Date - the date the item will appear on the statement. No end date is required.
- Select type 'credit/discount'
- Type in amount discounted (calculate total discount amount for the period you are applying)
- Enter a comment if more information is required. This will appear on the statement.
- Click 'Save'.
This is useful if you want a certain type of discount available at your service for all accounts on a regular basis, but are not applying it to a regular booking.
Set up the Pay Item
Go to 'Settings' > Click 'Service Settings' > Select your service > Click the 'Pay Items' tab
- Enter the Item name (e.g. "Discount 5%")
- GL Code (not essential)
- Enter Discount amount (total per day)
- Tick Fixed amount (not essential)
- Click 'Add'.
It will then appear in the Item list when adding a discount via 'financial adjustments'.
Applying a discount pay items through Financial Adjustments
Go to 'Financial' > Click 'Financial Adjustments' > Click 'Add' > Enter details about the discount in spaces provided:
- Select children you want it applied to by typing them in or tick the box below to apply to all children/inactive children/active children/waitlist children
- Enter start date.
- Enter Type of adjustment (e.g. discount/credit)
- Enter Item type from the drop down list, find the previously made pay item (e.g. 10% discount)
- Then click 'Save'.
This is a discounted fee that you can apply to bookings, instead of applying an adjustment to a full fee. This can be useful if you have a very common discount type that you want to be able to easily apply.
Go to Settings > Service Settings > Click Service > Click 'Fees' Tab > Go to 'Add Fee' heading > Enter Details as below:
- Enter a clear fee name (e.g. 5% Discount Daily Fee)
- Enter fee type (either normal or casual)
- Enter frequency (daily)
- Enter session start and end time (times of the booking)
- Enter net amount and gross amount (these should match)
- Click Add
This discounted fee can now be applied to bookings in the Master Roll. See our support page for editing current bookings.