Discounts in Xplor
There are 3 ways you can apply a discount in Xplor, you can choose the type you use depending on what type of discount you are applying.
1) Perform a 'Once off' or recurring discount (in the Adjustments tab)
2) Set up discount as a 'Pay Item' (so you have a permanent discount set up in Adjustments tab)
3) Set up a new discounted fee type (with the discount included in the fee)
1) "Once off Discount"
This is a once-off discount and is non-recurring. This once-off discount has not been created in 'pay items' but rather, might be manually created to suit a particular customers needs for that specific day.
Go to Financial > Financial Adjustments > Add > Fill in the required information
- including child name
- start date
- end date (do not require if just applying once off)
- select type 'discount'
- item (only available if set up previously - see section 2)
- amount discounted (calculate total discount amount for the period you are applying)
- enter comment if require more information
See below photo for example of a once-off discount:
OR Applying a recurring discount to an account (a discount not previously created):
On the side bar click 'Financial' > Click ' Financial Adjustments' > Click 'Add'
- Enter details about the discount in spaces provided (e.g. Select children you want it applied to by typing them in or tick the box below to apply to all children/inactive children/active children/waitlist children
- Tick Recurring - enter if to be applied monthly or weekly
- Enter start date and end date - when you want it to start and stop
- Enter Type of adjustment
- Enter Item type
- Apply Tax if required
- Enter Amount - *amount calculated for the entire week/or for the entire month depending on what you have selected*
- Then, click 'Save'.
*Please note: the amount you enter needs to be the discount amount for the entire week or for the entire month. See the below example for more information.
For example, Allison Gorski (pictured below) has an arranged discount of 10% per booking until 23rd of July. Her child attends 5 days a week costing $100 per day. In total her discount would be $50 off he fee, per week - so I have input $50 in the amount box, to be credited to her account on a weekly basis.
How do I delete a discount?
On the side bar click 'Financial' > Click ' Financial Adjustments' > Click the red 'Delete' button next to the discount you want removed.
2) Set up Discount as 'Pay Item' in Adjustments tab
This is useful if you want a certain type of discount available at your service for all accounts on a regular basis.
Set up the Pay Item:
Go to 'Settings' > Click 'Service Settings' > Select your service > Click the 'Pay Items' tab > Click 'add'
- Enter the Item name (e.g. "Discount 5%")
- GL Code (not essential)
- Enter Discount amount (total per day)
- Tick Fixed amount (not essential)
- Click 'add'.
It will then appear in the Item list as pictured below:
The pay item/discount will now be available to select when you go to the 'Adjustments' tab under 'Item'
Next step - Applying a discount pay items through adjustments:
Go to 'Financial' > Click 'Financial Adjustments' > Click 'Add' > Enter details about the discount in spaces provided:
- Select children you want it applied to by typing them in or tick the box below to apply to all children/inactive children/active children/waitlist children
- Enter start date and end date if it is a recurring fee
- Enter Type of adjustment (e.g. discount/credit)
- Enter Item type from the drop down list, find the previously made pay item (e.g. 10% discount)
- Apply Tax if required
- Then click 'Save'.
3) Create a Discounted Fee Type
This is a discounted fee that you can apply to bookings, instead of applying an adjustment to a full fee. This can be useful if you have a very common discount type that you want to be able to easily apply.
Go to Settings > Service Settings > Click Service > Click 'Fees' Tab > Go to 'Add Fee' heading > Enter Details as below:
- Enter a clear fee name (e.g. 5% Discount Daily Fee)
- Enter fee type (either normal or casual)
- Enter frequency (daily)
- Enter session start and end time (times of the booking)
- Enter net amount and gross amount (these should match)
- Click Add - these will appear in the below table.